Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Desperate Housewife of Las Vegas



As you know I am an immigrant and because of that I don't have all the privileges of an America citizen, until I will receive the green card. A lot of things have changed since when I left Europe: I have moved here in December 2015, I haven't worked since then, more than 6 months, and for a Workaholic like me it is very hard. Why don't I work? The main and unique reason is the work permit, I will have full right to work when I will receive the Green Card or the Employment Authorization Document. Until an immigrant like me is waiting for the Green Card he has not the right to leave the USA, unless your request a travel permit that luckily I have received 3 weeks ago, if you leave the country without permit you green card request will decay and you will have to start all the process from the beginning. I have to admit that these 6 months have been pretty hard: I can't work, I can't see my family and friends, I can't financially help the couple life. I have passed from being a little "manager" no stop to being a desperate housewife. Of course there are some pros: I had time to open this blog, I have personalized and made more welcoming our apartment, I have studied and refreshed my French and I have met some new friend here in Las Vegas. Between the tons of laundry (how many dirty clothes a couple can create?!?!) and the loooooong coffees I have known a side of life I never met before: THE SWEET DOING NOTHING also if after 2-3 months is not anymore so sweet. My advice to all the dear future brides, immigrants and so on that are and will be in my same situation is to not become demoralized too much and try to enjoy the free time, I know that I am the first one to have suffered more from this situation and sometimes I feel useless, but this is the price to be able to live in the Country with less flaws in the world.

Come ben sapete sono una migrante e come tale non ho tutti i privilegi di un cittadino Americano, precisamente finché non riceverò la green card. Molte cose sono cambiate dalla mia vita in Europa: mi sono trasferita qui lo scorso Dicembre 2015, quindi non lavoro da più di 6 mesi e per una stacanovista come me è davvero dura. Perchè non lavoro? Il principale e unico motivo è il permesso di lavoro, infatti avrò il diritto di lavorare quando riceverò il tanto agognato permesso di lavoro (che tarda ad arrivare) o la green card. Finché un immigrato come me è in attesa della green card non ha il permesso di uscire dagli USA a meno che non richieda un permesso di viaggio che fortunatamente mi è arrivo circa 3 settimane fa, se si lascia il paese senza permesso lo stato di migrante cade e quindi si devono ricominciare tutte le procedure. Devo dire che questi 6 mesi sono stati abbastanza duri: non poter lavorare, non poter vedere la mia famiglia e amici, non poter contribuire economicamente alla vita di coppia. Mi sono ritrovata da piccola "manager" no stop a una desperate housewife. Ovviamente non tutti i mali vengono per nuocere infatti grazie al tempo libero ho potuto aprire questo blog, personalizzare e rendere più accogliente il nostro appartamento, studiare e rinfrescare il mio francese e conoscere altre persone qui a Las Vegas. Tra le mille lavatrici (quanti cavolo di panni sporchi possono creare due persone?!?!) e i caffè molto LUUUUUNGHI (tanto ho tempo) ho potuto conoscere un lato della vita a me sconosciuto: IL DOLCE FAR NIENTE, e dopo 2-3 mesi non è molto più dolce. Il mio consiglio alle care sposine, immigranti e co che sono nella mia stessa situazione è quello di non demoralizzarsi troppo e godersi un po' di tempo per se stessi, lo so io sono la prima che si demoralizza e si sente completamente inutile, ma ahimè questo è quello che si deve passare per poter vivere nel Paese con meno difetti al mondo!

No comments:

Post a Comment